In case the connecting pipe of your gas stove is getting eroded, you need to remove and install a new one. In such a circumstance, you might wonder how to connect a gas pipe to stove in India.
Many individuals prefer taking recommendations from a professional to install the gas pipe to the stove. However, you can consider doing it on your own as well. But, do you know how to connect a compatible pipe to the gas stove perfectly, or are you confident enough that the gas pipe would not leak if you do it yourself?
Here is every detail including the connection and removal processes with precautions and tips from our practical experience.
Precautions To Use A Gas Pipe With Stove
Before you proceed to connect gas pipe to stove in India, you must know all the necessary precautions that must be taken. Here is a list of them-
- Switch Off The Burners: Make sure to turn off the gas burner before connecting the gas pipe to the stove.
- Unfasten Gas Regulator From The Cylinder: Now, ensure to detach the gas regulator from the gas stove by pushing it in an inward direction. There are a variety of gas regulators these days. Hence, ensure to know how to detach your gas regulator. If required, consult the user manual of your gas stove. Furthermore, make sure to cover the opening of the gas cylinder with a protective cap.
- Use A GASLOC For Connecting A New Pipe: For connecting a new pipe, ensure to connect one end of the GASLOC to the stove nozzle and the other end to the hose.
- Safely Attach And Detach Regulator To The Cylinder: You should remove the protective cap from the top of the cylinder while attaching the regulator to it.
- Check For Leakages: The last step is to double-check if there are any leakages. Now, you can proceed to install the stove with a new gas pipe.
Step-By-Step Guide To Connect Gas Stove Pipe In India
How To Remove The Gas Pipe From The Stove?
Like connecting a pipe to the gas stove, most people opt for professionals in case of removing gas pipe as well. However, it is necessary to know this yourself for urgency or to save money. Removing gas pipes can be challenging; you cannot just go and pull them off. So, here is some guidance on how to do it-
- Firstly boil a cup of water.
- Keep a bucket under the place of the stuck pipe.
- Rinse the water gently on the pipe where the pipe is stuck; it can be the regulator’s side or the stove. Warm water will help the gas pipe to expand and loosen ultimately.
- Now that the pipe will loosen up a bit so you can try pulling it out, and it will slip out effortlessly.
- As the pipe has been removed, you are now ready to attach a new one.
Apart from the previous method, there is another good way of removing the gas pipe. For that, you will need a knife. However, this method works only with ordinary rubber gas pipe, not the pipes with reinforced steel wire.
- Turn off the gas totally and detach the regulator.
- Take a knife.
- Cut into the place where the pipe is stuck, and your gas pipe will come out effortlessly.
- The length of the gas pipe will get reduced a bit, but your problem will be solved.
Tips For Gas Pipe Connection And Removal
- Make sure that the safety cap is placed tightly on the gas cylinder.
- Always turn off the stove burners before starting the process of connection or removal.
- Remember to turn off the regulator knob and put off any flame in the kitchen every time before you connect or detach or clean the gas pipe.
- Avoid using fire like lighted candles or match-sticks to search for any leakages from the pipe.
- Do not panic in case of any leakages. Switch off the regulator and put on a safety cap immediately. Open all the windows and if the situation gets worse and seek a professional for help.
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no specific period for changing the gas pipe. If the gas pipe is adequately maintained and cleaned at regular intervals, it can last up to 5-6 years. A gas pipe made with high-quality material may even last up to 10-12 years, depending on your care. However, the time varies in various situations. If you notice any dysfunctionality or breakage in the pipeline, you must immediately call a professional technician and get it repaired or replaced.
You will need a gas pipe with 8 mm diameter and at least 1.5 meters in length. Some pipes are also available with 3 meters of length. The connection to the gas stove will also be a half-inch fitting, either internal or external threads. To choose the ideal size for your gas pipe, you must know the distance from the cylinder regulator to the gas stove placed on the kitchen countertop. The length should be neither too short nor too long. A longer pipe than required can lead to unnecessary bends resulting to gas leakage, pipe corrosion, loose connectivity, and reduced flowrate of the gas.
Follow these few simple steps to connect the gas pipe to the cylinder regulator. Make sure you have turned off the burner for safety and then separate the gas regulator from the cylinder carefully. After that, the gas pipe needs to be removed from the regulator and stove. With the help of a connector, replace the old gas pipe with a new one. Finally, attach the regulator back carefully.
Getting a GASLOC device is always the best choice as it eases the job of connecting and disconnecting gas pipes. This device also offers safety by preventing accidents when the gas pipe comes off the stove nozzle. This is a worthy device for Indian families who spend a lot of time in the kitchen.
ISI-certified dual-layer rubber hose pipe with reinforced steel wire is the best choice for gas stoves. The highly-durable rubber ensures a firm grip on the regulator, and the steel wire reinforcement provides rigidity and hold to the rubber. This pipe is also resistant to heat, fire, and abrasion. It can withstand gas pressure up to 1 MPa, complying to IS 9573 Part 2, set by the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS). Therefore, it will not melt at high temperatures and work at high pressure, ensuring zero leakage from the pipe.
Cooking holds a significant part of our daily life, and most Indian families are dependent on a gas stove for their everyday cooking. In almost every household in India, we can find at least one gas stove.
You should always have the basic knowledge about how to attach or detach the gas pipe from stove. In case of emergencies, when no one is available but you need to cook, understanding how to connect gas pipe to stove in India can save you.
Although doing all this by yourself might sound a little hectic, the easy steps will help you in the process. Once you start the process, you will master it soon.
I hope the article helps you understand the proper process to connect and disconnect the gas pipe. Also, do not forget to leave your valuable feedback in the comment section. We will happily answer any of your doubts!